Kowloon High-School Chronicle

Kowloon High-School Chronicle

View Stats:
Hideo May 18, 2023 @ 1:03pm
Why didn't we get the Director's Cut?
When I saw the game announced for the Nintendo Switch, I was immediately intrigued and even considered pre-ordering the Special Edition (or Limited Edition, I'm not sure anymore). But then I looked a bit into the game's history and found out that there was a Director's Cut released.

So why exactly couldn't that Director's Cut have been brought over? I'm still on the fence if I even want to bother. It looks like such a nice game, but should I really enable this kind of behavior?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
nonel9 May 19, 2023 @ 6:47am 
The developers have stated that remastering and porting re:charge version would've taken twice as much time and money neither of which they could afford. The game is a cult-classic in Japan but the fanbase is still relatively tiny to make such a big-scale project pay off. It's still mostly a passion project despite any affiliation with big names.

On the bright side, this new version is the only one to have a fully-voiced main story (which is long, trust me), and the voice acting is amazing. The game is still a complete and polished experience with a HUGE amount of content. If anything, you can pretend it's 2004 again and you're just playing the original with more stuff in it lol
Last edited by nonel9; May 19, 2023 @ 6:49am
Hideo May 20, 2023 @ 3:10am 
Interesting. I'm tempted to give the developers the benefit of the doubt in this case then. Thank you for clarifying.
CloudKira Jun 4, 2023 @ 11:08am 
Never heard of any Director's Cut being released anywhere. Where did you get this info?
nonel9 Jun 4, 2023 @ 7:17pm 
Originally posted by CloudKira:
Never heard of any Director's Cut being released anywhere. Where did you get this info?
I think they mean Re:charge version, it was released for the PS2 two years after the original. It has a few significant improvements like additional epilogues for the main story and for each character, a new infinite dungeon, and a much better NG+ experience.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50