View Stats:
Teodor Dec 17, 2022 @ 3:52pm
I hate shu
do we only play as shu heroes? I hate shu
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Titan Dec 20, 2022 @ 9:18pm 
Originally posted by William Shakesman:
Sorry you're only Shu. Don't worry, even in a game where they include Cao Cao murdering that one family AND make him the bad guy from RCR AND have the game end with you beating him at Chi Bi, this game STILL can't make Wei convincing villains. Nobody likes Shu and it is impossible to make people like Shu.

Mostly unrelated to the game but it still baffles me how most depictions of the three kingdoms (this game included) like to present Liu Bei as some kind of virtuous hero despite him arguably being the worst of all the period's major figures
Titan Dec 20, 2022 @ 10:00pm 
I've heard a thousand different arguments about that but as far as I know Rot3K as taught is a story first and the story wants Shu to be the heroes but it's so self-evidently BAD at this that even DW and this game can't help but make Wei look like the coolest guys.

Well yeah, ROT3K does present Shu as the "protagonists" of the era, but you'd think modern stories based around the era would realise some of the inconsistencies between that story and actual history. No matter how hard anyone tries there is no way of presenting Liu Bei or Guan Yu as good people.
Teodor Dec 21, 2022 @ 11:36am 
ROT3K still holds an important part of the culture for a lot of these folks, Chinese and Japanese apparently, and they aren't too quick to "Well actually" the story, at least that's MY best guess. Hell, Koei's the biggest name in making these games and they're almost too nice to make Dong Zhuo anything more than Chinese Wario much less make anyone else look bad.

Hell just a season or two ago we had a Kongming anime.

I think KOEI has improved with years in terms of story. Sure in SHU campaign they are still the mary sues that can do no wrong, but if you play the other campaigns, it's pretty obvious how hypocritical they are.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50