River City Saga: Three Kingdoms

River City Saga: Three Kingdoms

View Stats:
Titan Jul 21, 2022 @ 4:52pm
No way to load saves?
Title. The game says it auto-saves after every screen transition, but after playing chapter 1 for about 40 minutes, I quit out, now come back and whenever I try go back to chapter 1 it puts me straight back into the tutorial again.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Jul 21, 2022 @ 5:04pm 
the "autosave" saves your stats and money. the only way you can "hardsave" is by beating a chapter.
Titan Jul 21, 2022 @ 5:23pm 
Originally posted by Kupoe:
the "autosave" saves your stats and money. the only way you can "hardsave" is by beating a chapter.

that is an extremely stupid design choice and I cannot fathom why they would do that
joe dirt Jul 21, 2022 @ 5:28pm 
It's kinda odd I'll agree with that. I found saving to work as you'd expect when exiting when inside of a shop.
RaPriest Jul 22, 2022 @ 12:56am 
Originally posted by Kupoe:
Huh I just checked and loaded exactly where I left the game yesterday- in the middle of first chapter at whatever city I was at when closed the game.
GEL Jul 23, 2022 @ 1:21am 
Yeah I'm having this problem too! I played with a friend yesterday. We both got to the point where co-op unlocked and played a good bit of co-op. Was about to hop back in to continue and get some new skills with the money I earned...but it says my progress is 0%! I'm level 9, I have some Gallery unlocked, but I can't load my game?!

Anyone know what's going on? We have people claiming they can continue from where they left off and others that say they can't? What's going on here?!
GEL Jul 23, 2022 @ 1:34am 
Just asked my friend I co-opped with and his save worked just fine. I'm half wondering if playing online co-op as a guest nuked my progress or if it's something else.

@Titan @Junglejuice did either of you two play online co-op at all?
Titan Jul 23, 2022 @ 8:18am 
I was playing solo offline
GEL Jul 24, 2022 @ 12:20pm 
So looking at it, I think saves are handled ALMOST like interrupt saves. Basically when you click Story Mode it will say "You have a save on this chapter, would you like to continue?" and then you either continue or it deletes the save.

What I noticed more, however, is that there's a warning screen saying you will lose your current chapter progress when joining online games OR going back to the Chapter Menu. The thing is, we're so used to screens like that just meaning "you'll lose all progress up to the current save" and not "you will lose your current save".

THAT SAID, you do keep all your levels and unlocks and most importantly: fast travel locations. This makes breezing through a chapter up to where you last were pretty easy but it is still a sloppy save system. I THINK this is what's going on.
BobboilDandee Dec 29, 2022 @ 7:43am 
This has to be the dumbest save system I've seen in a long time. Almost seems like it came from SNES days. Like seriously these devs couldn't figure out a modern save system in 2022 for a small game like this? Either lazy, or very unintelligent...
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50