River City Saga: Three Kingdoms

River City Saga: Three Kingdoms

View Stats:
Bearzy Jul 20, 2022 @ 9:06pm
Multiplayer Progression?
So my friend and I read that we have to get to a certain part in Chapter 1, then it says "Co-op unlocked!". But when we try to host/join each other's game after reaching this part, it says "Are you sure? You'll lose all your story progress.". My friend clicked yes, and it seems to have erased his single player progress. And now he can't host or join a multiplayer game because he hasn't gotten to that point in Chapter 1...do I just have to host and invite him through Steam? Not sure how this is supposed to work and it's not super-clear. Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
EastX Jul 20, 2022 @ 11:57pm 
Following...
Captain Blood Nov 13, 2022 @ 1:58am 
This REALLY shouldn't be a hard question to answer devs. Considering I bought this game to eventually co-op with a friend and can no longer refund I would really like to know how to get online co-op to work.
EastX Nov 21, 2022 @ 9:00pm 
Basically, you only want to join someone else's game when you're between chapters. Joining in the middle of a chapter means that you will lose your mid-chapter progress unless you beat the chapter. It's a boneheaded system.
Captain Blood Nov 21, 2022 @ 9:38pm 
Agreed, but I can't even get to join the game after I decide to lose my progress.
timmythemic22 Nov 29, 2022 @ 6:34pm 
Are there random people that will join your game like in RCR underground? Or do you have to know someone to play?
joe dirt Dec 26, 2022 @ 6:03pm 
Yeah it's strange overall. Online works a bit more like how you'd expect where your own stats, items, and moves carry over to your partner's story progress, though for whatever reason they chose to make it so locally you're always bound to the same thing, which even the other co-op Kunio games during the Technos days supported fine.

It's a shame cause I actually really like both this and Rival Showdown on the 3DS, which this game's gameplay & animations pretty much comes from, but I'm really hoping ARC puts a better focus on co-op play if they ever choose to make even more traditional Kunio games in the future
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50