Shortcuts in toolbar changes positions

• Hi! I thought this issue was fixed but then it turned up again. The shortcuts in the toolbar resets after some time (like a couple of weeks or so) to their standard positions and I then have to rearrange them again the way I want. Why won’t they stay the in their new positions? See attached screenshots marked with “1” as standard positions and screenshots marked with “2” as new positions. I have cleared data and cache and even reinstalled the app without any luck. I’ve got a Samsung Galaxy S21 with android 14, One UI 6.0. The app version is 7.61.1

• Hi @chrisahlund

Can you please confirm with us when you first started noticing this happen?

• i have also experienced this issue, intermittently and over time. I prefer to set up my playlist from what I want to listen to next and then after, so I am CONSTANTLY moving the “play last” option into my toolbar. The swap is very inconvenient, and I normally don’t notice until my entire playlist has been flipped from what I intended. Please help! I literally just noticed it again today

• @cinematiceyes can you please let us know your Pocket Casts app version and your device info?

Did you notice this start happening only on the latest version or did you experience it also from the previous version?

• Hi @staff-joey8

Sorry for the late replay but I must have missed the email notification. I first noticed this over a year ago.

• @chrisahlund thanks for letting us know. I have adjusted my layout when you first contacted us, and so far it has not changed. Can you confirm if the issue still persists?

• @staff-joey8 Yes unfortunately it still persists.

• Thanks for letting us know! We’d like to further investigate.

The shortcuts in the toolbar resets after some time (like a couple of weeks or so) to their standard positions and I then have to rearrange them again the way I want.

Can you let us know the following so we can investigate further @chrisahlund?

• what devices you use Pocket Casts on
    • their operating systems and versions
    • the Pocket Casts versions on each
    • confirm for us that you see the same email address for your account under Profile

I’d also be curious to know if there are any other changes you notice when the shortcuts reset, like a change in podcast or a new device log in. All details are welcome!

• I use a Samsung Galaxy S21 with Android 14, One UI 6.1. The pocket Cast version is 7.67 (9249). And it’s the same email address for my account. I will check the app every day (If I can remember) to see when the toolbar shortcuts changes and then notify you.

• Thanks for that additional information, @chrisahlund! I’ve now filed a bug report for the issue, although we cannot give a timeframe for when a fix might be released.

• @staff-fred

i am currently using version 7.67 (9249), and I use the app on my Google Pixel 8 Pro (though I was also experiencing this issue on my previous phone, which was a Galaxy S23 Ultra).

This issue has definitely occured more than just now, I would say at least 5 times, if not more, in the last ~1 year.

• Thanks, @cinematiceyes! I’ve added your case to our report on the issue.

Reply to Shortcuts in toolbar changes positions