Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 hours ago
[3/27 Staff Update] Discontinuation of the Photostream Edit Pages
Latest: 4 months ago
[Important Announcement] Flickr forever: Creating the safest most inclusive photography community on the planet
Latest: 29 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 51 months ago

Current Discussion

Cannot upload images...
Latest: 77 minutes ago
How to merge albums and/or add photos from one album to another using organizer???
Latest: 2 hours ago
verify your login
Latest: 9 hours ago
Phantom Explore
Latest: 9 hours ago
No longer using Flickr due to tech issues
Latest: 10 hours ago
Add to album scrolling issue. This should definitely be fixed.
Latest: 14 hours ago
Shortcomings of batch editor - batch editing titles and scrolling through earlier photos in the roll
Latest: 14 hours ago
Mobile apps different on 2 devices
Latest: 17 hours ago
System seems to be super slow
Latest: 19 hours ago
Lots of blanks in my photostream
Latest: 19 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Activity Feed bug
Latest: 20 hours ago
When trying to download albums, "Creating your zip file..." no longer working
Latest: 25 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Not all videos (same time/place) will auto-upload in the app

naugastyle says:

This has happened at least once before, but I've just noticed it again. I was excitedly taking some phone videos back in January, I will admit it was TWENTY under-30-second videos of basically the same thing. Auto-uploadr definitely completed as these were shot months ago, but I hadn't deleted off my phone yet, and just noticed now that there's only 7 videos for that date in my camera roll. None of those videos seem to be showing up on the incorrect date either.

Has anyone else experienced this? What would be the reason? All of the videos are short and I don't think Flickr is making an AI decision to exclude videos that look like duplicates (but are not, actually).
Posted at 11:12AM, 10 July 2024 PDT ( permalink | reply )

view photos

John Frattura says:

"I was excitedly taking some phone videos back in January"
---
I assume they're private, because your most recent, public uploads that I can see, are from 7 years ago. Kinda hard to track down the problem when no one can see your images and videos.
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

John Frattura says:

naugastyle:

I don't think Flickr is making an AI decision to exclude videos that look like duplicates (but are not, actually).
I've never heard of Flickr using AI to delete images or videos that it felt were duplicates.
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

naugastyle says:

John Frattura:

I don't think the visual would be any different than what I described? Yes all my phone auto-uploads are private. What was uploaded from that day was all the still images and about 1/4 of the videos, and then the uploadr finished. And months later, even after app update, no change. I could only manually upload the missing ones, and then remembered I'd seen that behavior another time when I had a lot of videos and only some of them got uploaded.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

John Frattura says:

naugastyle:

Has anyone else experienced this?

All I can say with certainty is that flickr wouldn't delete videos that it thought were duplicates. In the past I have heard of devices being synced to flickr, and images were deleted from the device, and therefore from flickr. Don't know if that still happens though. But flickr itself definitely doesn't have an AI bot that deletes suspected duplicate files.

naugastyle:
Auto-uploadr definitely completed as these were shot months ago, but I hadn't deleted off my phone yet, and just noticed now that there's only 7 videos for that date in my camera roll.
Even though auto-uploader completed, did you check to see if all 20 videos were uploaded back then? Because there are always threads about uploads not completing. If you saw all 20 in your account months ago, and now they're not there now, then... no idea. You can contact staff here: www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

view photos

naugastyle says:

John Frattura:

hmmm I don't know about "not completing"! Because my normal experience is that the uploadr status bar just hangs forever, like videos often finish uploading weeks later and sometimes block still images from uploading until the videos finish. So I figure if the status bar has finally ended, then it really did upload all the files.

I agree that deleting by Flickr is unlikely, it's more likely they're just not being uploaded but it's really inexplicable that it only seems to happen when there's multiple videos taken within a short time.

Thanks!

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads