Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 12 minutes ago
[3/27 Staff Update] Discontinuation of the Photostream Edit Pages
Latest: 4 months ago
[Important Announcement] Flickr forever: Creating the safest most inclusive photography community on the planet
Latest: 29 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 51 months ago

Current Discussion

How to merge albums and/or add photos from one album to another using organizer???
Latest: 47 minutes ago
Cannot upload images...
Latest: 2 hours ago
verify your login
Latest: 10 hours ago
Phantom Explore
Latest: 10 hours ago
No longer using Flickr due to tech issues
Latest: 11 hours ago
Add to album scrolling issue. This should definitely be fixed.
Latest: 15 hours ago
Shortcomings of batch editor - batch editing titles and scrolling through earlier photos in the roll
Latest: 15 hours ago
Mobile apps different on 2 devices
Latest: 18 hours ago
System seems to be super slow
Latest: 20 hours ago
Lots of blanks in my photostream
Latest: 20 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Activity Feed bug
Latest: 21 hours ago
When trying to download albums, "Creating your zip file..." no longer working
Latest: 26 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.

Flickr Staff

nyc_cabb says:

If you have an idea that can help us improve how Flickr works, share it with us here. If you can, please provide details about how this idea would improve the experience for you and other Flickr members.

Please be respectful of everyone’s ideas and keep our forum guidelines in mind when posting.

Thank you!
Posted at 8:21AM, 15 June 2020 PDT ( permalink | reply )
R L Catlow (staff) edited this topic 6 months ago.

1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 next →
(2701 to 2800 of 2744 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
view photos

mick mcd says:

When I have an album that is a mix of private and public pictures, it would be nice to be able to filter to viewing only the public or only the private pictures.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Mio Marquez says:

Would be great to be able to get and share a link for an album's slideshow.

view photos

Picture of the Day ...since 1997 says:

What is flickr's AI policy? Protecting user content from data scraping and identifying ai-generated content (with ability to filter it out of search results) should be priorities.

view photos

CC Camerawork says:

One for the suggestion box here:
I'd find a 4th privacy level pretty handy, something like:
Public / Friend / Family / Super F&F

or better yet allow us to create our own levels and assign other members & photos to those levels, but that's obviously a much bigger job :)

view photos

lakekoshare says:

The photo editor Flickr had was working. Now I have to go to camera roll or organizer on the web. A one step process has now become many steps. Not an improvement.
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

yukonchris says:

I have a question which might also be a suggestion. Is there a way to see how many comments, distinct from favs, that contacts, or potential contacts give?

The reason I ask this/suggest this is that I have noticed at least one of my followers instantly favs photos whenever I post them (any time of the day or night). This suggests that they may have some sort of script (bot) running that automatically favs photos from contacts. I hope this isn't the case, but unless someone is glued to their screen 24/7, I see no other way that they could respond to posts so quickly and consistently with favs. I feel that this sort of activity, if it is in fact occurring, should be stopped. While I could be wrong, I don't think automated input on posts respects the intent of a photo sharing site like Flickr, which is an excellent venue/forum for learning, growing, and sharing in the love of photography.

On a personal note, I value Flickr as a place to go to share my vision and skill with others, and to appreciate and learn from their unique visions as well. Automated likes and such just make no sense to me. So, I guess what I am asking is could Flickr improve the stats functionality of Flickr in order to give users the tools to examine the quality of interactions that they are having with contacts and others? Failing that, could you improve on your own tools which would identify those using scripts/bots to interact with others and stop that sort of thing from happening?

Thank you, and once again, thank you for providing this excellent photographic forum for those of us who truly love photography.

view photos

backroadsgalleries says:

nyc_cabb:

From the organize page (www.flickr.com/photos/organize) give the user the option of adding to existing albums rather than be restricted to creating new albums. And in the lower left drag down, put the albums in alphabetical order!

view photos

Viejito says:

backroadsgalleries:

the option of adding to existing albums
Indeed. It would be helpful if clicking on Add to Album just gave you a list of all your albums with "Create New Album" at the top.

That way, two clicks would do the job. Right now, even if you remember to just click the down arrow, you still need three clicks to add to an existing album. If you just click on Add to Album, it takes six clicks.

view photos

kthechef says:

A button for group owners to remove old admin would be good, We have asked for it for years but nothing seems to be taken on board. Old accounts are still admin in many groups where admin and owners cannot remove them

view photos

mcnod says:

kthechef:

A button for group owners

If there is a "group owner" it is the originator of the group not a flickr appointed successor or a "next in line" successor.

kthechef:
Old accounts are still admin in many groups where admin and owners cannot remove them

others want the original "owner", if still a member, to be a "super administrator" who could become active years later and remove you or any other newer admin!! I like this idea ...

view photos

crmgucd says:

My idea is to make the uploader work properly without timing out. It is painfully slow. We have a paid PRO "unlimited" storage account, but that is useless if we can't upload the images. There are multiple CLOSED threads on this topic, but it continues to happen and has been happening for years. If someone knows of a solution or workaround I would love to hear it.

view photos

Mostad says:

It would be fantastic to have flickr help out with tagging images. I have all my images on flickr as well as auto upload from my phone but its getting hard to keep up with tagging all of them to make them searchable.
AI works very well with identifying things in an image, so i can imagine it would give great suggestions to what the tags should be.

As an example it could show images of objects or persons and suggest "Is this so and so" or similiar.

I feel the functions of flickr is starting to lag a little behind, not much new going on.
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

spelio says:

nyc_cabb:

Many good ideas through the whole thread.. just noticed this one..

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157714720744427/7215772...

There was not an obvious reply button…

view photos

spelio says:

nyc_cabb:

Mostad:

Flickr had a machine tagging process years ago and there were many complaints and it was dropped…

It is a bit of a pain to remember to hit the Return button now and after typing many new tags and not hitting Return is a sad thing.

Selecting from previous ones and from typing a few letters is nice…

Editing from the App or the Camera Roll is a real pain.

The App is very bad for editing..

view photos

Stuart Smith. says:

Consider making the dialogue box for adding images to groups/albums etc... to be movable on the screen.

view photos

lievenbertels says:

Can we PLEASE get de-duplication functionality? Even if just purely based on checksum/file size + EXIF creation date (so when files have different names, they would still be detected), this would be great help (in other words it doesn't need to be a super smart mechanism looking at the picture content. It would for sure save a lot of storage space at Flickr's end and it would facilitate keeping our photostream tidy. Ideally, if pictures are part of albums already, this could be flagged so only the items that are not part of (user generated) albums would be suggested for deletion.

view photos

Robin Kaljouw says:

What is the current state of making Flickr able to show HDR?
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

osloann says:

FB has this great feature where you can block people you don't communicate very well with. It is a feature I think helps keeping peace on earth and a healthy heart condition for all involved. It is called blocking.

When I block a person on fb I don't see their comments and they don't see mine, and the world is a better place because of it.

Would It be possible for flickr to consider this feature too?

view photos

Knipselyst says:

My suggestion: When clicking a single photo I would love to be able to use the Esc key to return to the previous view (photostream or album). Even if I've looked at more than one single photo (arrow key left/right, or via navigation clicks on flickr page). Esc takes you from single view to the last seen collection view – either photostream or album.

view photos

Knipselyst says:

osloann:

You can block people on flickr too. Click the three dots in the header area of the person's photostream view, next to the name and the follow button.

view photos

backroadsgalleries says:

nyc_cabb:

I have a bunch of photos which I want to batch edit the title. I do not see that there is a way to do this. In batch organizer, it will allow the user to edit titles, but only one at a time. Might there be a way to do this? Note: this was discussed here some 12 years ago @ www.flickr.com/help/forum/72157631177659472/?search=batch...
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

eLaReF says:

I would love a spreadsheet view of titles so that they could be sorted and edited easily rather than the individual method in use currently.
I have a lot of images and the older ones don't necessarily follow the same concept as newer ones
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Fintano says:

lievenbertels:

If you have duplicates with the same creation date, they will show up next to each other in the Camera Roll. I review my Camera Roll after uploading a new batch, to catch duplicates..

Agreed that it would be nice to have a tool to find them automatically.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Reality Dysfunction Photography says:

Partner with Pixsy again. It was a good Pro perk and you've devalued Pro membership by removing that partnership.

view photos

{T..he Magic Box Photographie}* says:

when can we write the testimonials again? it has been disabled since 1.5 years

view photos

{T..he Magic Box Photographie}* says:

when can we write the testimonials again? it has been disabled since 1.5 years

view photos

Stefan and Sarah Walter says:

I don't know if this forum gets read by the staff or not. But for ages now I've found the fact that the Uploadr uploads every single photo and screenshot incredibly frustrating. Let us specify which folders to monitor

view photos

ernstkers says:

Stefan and Sarah Walter:

I've found the fact that the Uploadr uploads every single photo and screenshot incredibly frustrating. Let us specify which folders to monitor

That's an existing feature. Check the Help pages about the uploadr:
Mac: www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404071315860-About-...
Windows: www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404071263892-About-...

view photos

zach25mtl says:

2 Years ago when the "Internet Archive Book Images" Flickr page was taken down, you guys backtracked and said it was a "mistake" and now all 5 million+ images are just gone forever again? It's very tragic..

view photos

tedesco57 says:

nyc_cabb:

Maps: Isn't is about time to improve the accuracy of maps in flickr? This has been subject of debate since 2007!

Slow: Placing photos in groups has got so slow you want to put dinner on between postings...

Groups: It would be great to see the picture whilst posting into groups. I often get a call or a distraction and don't know where I have left off...
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

wilsonquatlu says:

nyc_cabb:

I would enjoy being able to use Markdown for formatting in comments.
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

the.nerwin says:

I doubt anyone will agree with me but I wanted to put it out there.

I'd like to see some sort of way to organize the groups we belong to. For example, when I upload photos using the uploadr, I have to scroll through hundreds of groups, sometimes accidentally selecting the wrong ones. If there was a way to possibly have lists that we could make and assign groups to those lists for certain kind of photos, it would be heck of a lot easier!

I know we can search and that is helpful sometimes but having the ability to make our own lists would be really cool.
Posted 5 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

backroadsgalleries says:

In batch organizer, have there be a way to apply the same title to all photos. A user can rotate, delete, add to album, add tags, send to group, add location to all of the photos at once. But the user cannot apply a title to all at once.

Please fix this.
Posted 4 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

conall.. says:

backroadsgalleries:

yes you cant do this in organizr but it is easy to do in camera roll. select the set of images and then use the "change all titles" option.

...also if they are being uploaded as a batch then you can edit the batch and apply the same title to all pictures simultaneously at upload.
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

conall.. says:

backroadsgalleries:

this is what it looks like in camera roll.
it is pretty convenient i think

Capture camera roll editing
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

NickD58 says:

lievenbertels:

Good idea. I am an admin for a few groups and one individual manages to post multiple images of the same shot with the same details and description to groups over and over again.
Posted 33 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

NickD58 says:

I think that creation of a group and the role of Admin should only be open to Pro members.

Non pros can join and be moderators but not owners or admins. This might then prevent those that lose interest but leave an unattended account from stifling a group.
Posted 26 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

conall.. says:

NickD58: some of the most attentively run groups have admins that have free accounts.
Posted 25 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

backroadsgalleries says:

nyc_cabb:

In batch editor photo roll at the bottom, it says "jump to date". If you click on that, it only shows the last four months. You can go to earlier months, but to do that you have to click on "Earlier". One click of "Earlier" takes you back one month. So if you want to go back five years, you have to click "Earlier" 60 times. Flickr should fix this so the user can select the year or enter a date for it to go back to.
Posted 23 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

backroadsgalleries says:

In batch organize, if the user selects "add to album", then selects "existing album", the existing albums are then displayed in alphabetical order with only the first eight albums visible. The user is free to scroll down to see the other albums, but there is no option for the user to enter a letter later in the alphabet so the list will jump to the albums which start with a letter later in the alphabet. I strongly recommend Flickr fix this.
Posted 23 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

SalahPhoto says:

Allow uploading of RAW files.
Posted 19 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Jan Pachl says:

nyc_cabb:

Showcase functions:

The "Showcase" on the user's home page is a nice feature, but it has limited use because you cannot easily step through its images one by one. This should be easy to fix --- use the code that's already implemented for albums. That would also enable rearranging the items in the showcase, just like in any album.
Posted 8 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

NickD58 says:

nyc_cabb:

Can we have page numbers at the top of the page as well as at the bottom to make navigation a little easier or some method of easily moving from one to the next or previous.
Posted 3 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Raph_PH says:

I routinely remaster my photo albums using latest technology - and having to replace the photos in an album individually is such a time consuming pain. If you won't introduce a Bulk Update feature - is there a least any way you can help us make bulk updating easier - it takes so many clicks each time....!
Posted 12 minutes ago. ( permalink | reply )

1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 next →
(2701 to 2800 of 2744 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads