Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple reimbursments through Cashapp

I have been receiving several charges in my bank statements marked as "Apple Bill" when I called my bank they told me to go through Apple support. I did and after a long call and remote broadcast of my phone proving the charges were indeed not made by me they asked to reimburse through Cashapp, but first I had to add the amount of money I was going to get reimbursed into the app. Is this correct? Or is it another scam? Why do I need to add more money to receive my reimbursement? Anyone else experience something like this, and if so can I trust my money will be reimbursed?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 9, 2024 4:35 PM

1 reply

Jul 11, 2024 11:50 AM in response to alogc2

alogc2 wrote:

...when I called my bank they told me to go through Apple support. I did and after a long call and remote broadcast of my phone proving the charges were indeed not made by me they asked to reimburse through Cashapp, but first I had to add the amount of money I was going to get reimbursed into the app. Is this correct? Or is it another scam? Why do I need to add more money to receive my reimbursement? Anyone else experience something like this, and if so can I trust my money will be reimbursed?

Noticed that you have not received any replies in several days.

From your description, you did not go through "Apple Support." You probably used a search engine to find that number, which was in fact a number used by a scammer. It was not Apple Support!

Apple will NEVER ask you to add the "amount of money" to receive a "reimbursement." You should consult and follow the instructions listed in If you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Any credit/debit card associated with that transaction should also be cancelled and fraudulent activity reported to the card issuer.

Apple reimbursments through Cashapp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.