Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

WhatsApp Messenger" No Longer Avallable

My whatsapp just suddenly stopped working and asked me to update, after trying to update it then says "WhatsApp Messenger" No

Longer Avallable

The developer has removed this app from the App Store.”

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on May 30, 2024 12:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2024 2:16 PM

This issue occurs when you download an app from a region that originally supports the app, but later stops supporting it. As a result, you are unable to update the app even if you change your App Store region.

For instance, if you downloaded the app from the Chinese App Store and later switched to the US App Store, you may still be unable to update it and receive an error message.

The solution is as follows:

1. Switch your App Store region to a country that supports the app (e.g., US, UK).
  2. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
  3. Find and select WhatsApp.
  4. Tap Offload App (this will delete the app but keep its documents and data on your phone).
  5. After offloading the app, you will see an option appears as Re-install App. Tap it, and WhatsApp will be reinstalled in a few seconds with all your data remains as origianl.

Hope it helps.

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2024 2:16 PM in response to Sandro_2108

This issue occurs when you download an app from a region that originally supports the app, but later stops supporting it. As a result, you are unable to update the app even if you change your App Store region.

For instance, if you downloaded the app from the Chinese App Store and later switched to the US App Store, you may still be unable to update it and receive an error message.

The solution is as follows:

1. Switch your App Store region to a country that supports the app (e.g., US, UK).
  2. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
  3. Find and select WhatsApp.
  4. Tap Offload App (this will delete the app but keep its documents and data on your phone).
  5. After offloading the app, you will see an option appears as Re-install App. Tap it, and WhatsApp will be reinstalled in a few seconds with all your data remains as origianl.

Hope it helps.

Jul 10, 2024 9:28 AM in response to xinyu34

Hi. Im facing this issues right now but i have one problem, i cant buy Icloud storage because the apple id im using is in china region. And my whatsapp apps also i download it from china apps.

i totally cant open my whatsapp right now to backup…

so what can i do to backup ? So i can restore back ? Because i only have original storage of icloud (that is 5gb only)

hope somebody help me.

WhatsApp Messenger" No Longer Avallable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.