Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Why won't my AirPods connect to Facebook Messenger calls on my iPhone?

Okay I’m actually going to break down this is driving me crazy, my AirPods won’t connect to my Facebook messenger calls, but only on my phone, and only on messenger. It works fine on any other app on calls, it works fine on my iPad it’s just my iPhone. I do not have tile app, I only have one Bluetooth thing on my phone (the AirPods) so please tell me why it won’t work. It happened out of nowhere too, it was working fine one day, then it wasn’t I didn’t change anything ☹️

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5c, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 11:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 9:25 AM

Hi there ocean168,

You'll want to continue by making sure your iPhone is updated to the latest software version, which is iOS 17.0.3. You can see the currently installed version listed in Settings > General > About. If needed, learn how to update here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If this behavior persists, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly for further assistance. They're best-equipped to take a closer look at the issue and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Apple Support

Take care.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2023 9:25 AM in response to ocean168

Hi there ocean168,

You'll want to continue by making sure your iPhone is updated to the latest software version, which is iOS 17.0.3. You can see the currently installed version listed in Settings > General > About. If needed, learn how to update here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If this behavior persists, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly for further assistance. They're best-equipped to take a closer look at the issue and provide some additional guidance. This link will help you get started: Apple Support

Take care.

Oct 23, 2023 6:26 PM in response to ocean168

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities ocean168,

The following steps will work to select your AirPods for most apps:

1: Make sure that your iPhone or iPad, and speakers or Apple TV are on the same network.

2: Play music on your iPhone or iPad, then open Control Center:
* On iPhone X or later or iPad, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
* On iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.

3: Tap AirPlay  in the group of controls in the top-right corner.
The AirPlay icon appears in the group of media playback controls in the top-right corner of the screen on iPhone

4: Tap each speaker or TV that you want to play the current audio to. 
A HomePod appears for selection under Speakers & TVs

You can also use AirPlay to stream audio from an app you're using on your device. Just open the app, tap AirPlay , then tap a speaker or tap multiple speakers.

Use AirPlay to stream audio

Where it states to "play music" try starting your call instead.

We hope this helps!

Why won't my AirPods connect to Facebook Messenger calls on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.