Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout app on Apple Watch 7

After most recent update my workout app has disappeared from my Apple Watch 7. I have tried every suggestion and it will not return.

Please advise

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 2:03 PM

The Workout app cannot be uninstalled

If you try then you get this. There is no little x

I don't kow what you tried so for irrational behavior there is a progressive hierarchy of remedies...

First force restart the Watch

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Then, although it may seem irrelevant, while it is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

f it is still missing...

Unpair and set up again

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

and then

Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

You may also want to make sure the software on the watch and iphone are up to date. If you have iphone 8 or later that is watchOS9.3 and iOS16.3

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support.

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2023 2:03 PM in response to Conniecan

The Workout app cannot be uninstalled

If you try then you get this. There is no little x

I don't kow what you tried so for irrational behavior there is a progressive hierarchy of remedies...

First force restart the Watch

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Then, although it may seem irrelevant, while it is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

f it is still missing...

Unpair and set up again

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

and then

Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

You may also want to make sure the software on the watch and iphone are up to date. If you have iphone 8 or later that is watchOS9.3 and iOS16.3

Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you've completed that troubleshooting and the issue is still not resolved, Contact Support.

Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support

or phone numbers 

Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Workout app on Apple Watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.