Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor flickers when I connect my iPad Pro 10.5 to it

Whenever I connect my 2017 iPad pro to my external monitor, it looks like it will show video feed but then it goes black, and then it’s a cycle of the monitor flickering black. Tried with my iPhone, same issue to. Anyone have ideas on how to fix it? It might be my faulty HDMI cable.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 5:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 4:04 AM

As you already observe, you may have a faulty HDMI cable - which can only be confined by substituting with a know-good cable.

Also consider that your Lightning to HDMI Adapter may also be the source of difficulties - again requiring substitution to confirm. A visit to your local Apple retailer might provide opportunity to test your HDMI Adapter and cables with a different iPad.

Otherwise, a visit to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider may be helpful - as your iPad, HDMI Adapter and HDMI cable can be tested and assessed:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 26, 2022 4:04 AM in response to Applelover3816

As you already observe, you may have a faulty HDMI cable - which can only be confined by substituting with a know-good cable.

Also consider that your Lightning to HDMI Adapter may also be the source of difficulties - again requiring substitution to confirm. A visit to your local Apple retailer might provide opportunity to test your HDMI Adapter and cables with a different iPad.

Otherwise, a visit to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider may be helpful - as your iPad, HDMI Adapter and HDMI cable can be tested and assessed:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Monitor flickers when I connect my iPad Pro 10.5 to it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.