Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by CharityDiary
As someone who does a lot of work on my PC, my index finger cramps up so bad while playing this game. I wish it didn't involve so much clicking...

So you'd go from a system where you click with your right finger occasionally, to a hand cramp system where you have to hold down the W key all the time?

I'm not sold. It's not that I'm necessarily opposed to WASD movement if it was optional, though it doesn't strike me as remotely neccessary in this game, but I am unwilling to give up fine camera control with my left hand. If it was an available preference setting in the game options, I would have no objections.

I *would* like to be able to click in the mini map to zoom the camera to a location, but that in no way replaces my desire for fine camera control.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Gelatinous Rube
As someone who does a lot of work on my PC, my index finger cramps up so bad while playing this game. I wish it didn't involve so much clicking...

So you'd go from a system where you click with your right finger occasionally, to a hand cramp system where you have to hold down the W key all the time?

I'm not sold. It's not that I'm necessarily opposed to WASD movement if it was optional, though it doesn't strike me as remotely neccessary in this game, but I am unwilling to give up fine camera control with my left hand. If it was an available preference setting in the game options, I would have no objections.

I *would* like to be able to click in the mini map to zoom the camera to a location, but that in no way replaces my desire for fine camera control.

It could just be an option while keeping the old system (since it's already there) in place. Also you can have the same result with the arrow keys on the right of your keyboard while allowing the WASD keys to be used for something extra. I don't see the harm in that.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by katerinafm

It could just be an option while keeping the old system (since it's already there) in place. Also you can have the same result with the arrow keys on the right of your keyboard while allowing the WASD keys to be used for something extra. I don't see the harm in that.

Because the arrow keys suck, and I already have a mouse in my right hand. Why don't you just banish me back to early 90s rpg control schemes.

As you say, if we're talking about adding a control scheme option, I have no complaints. If we're talking about changing a scheme that's already embedded in my muscle memory, then yes, I object strenuously.

Originally Posted by katerinafm

Because the arrow keys suck, and I already have a mouse in my right hand. Why don't you just banish me back to early 90s rpg control schemes.

Because when you spend all day click-click-clicking with a mouse in your right hand, using the WASD keys to move instead of the mouse is quite a relief...

old hand
old hand
Yes WASD out of combat along with more camera control as options would be cool.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger

As you say, if we're talking about adding a control scheme option, I have no complaints. If we're talking about changing a scheme that's already embedded in my muscle memory, then yes, I object strenuously.

That's why I'm saying it should be a control scheme OPTION, so both sides can be happy. smile

apprentice
apprentice
Yes please to WASD movement it works in other games so its obviously not that hard to implement it and it just flows better for everyone.

B
stranger
stranger
B
[quote=Hassat Hunter]But how do we control the camera then? I use WASD in combat for overview... I would suddenly be running about.[/quote]

Edge-panning or moving the camera by dragging the mouse

I wouldn't use WASD movement, personally, but I can't really say I'd be against it. Play how you want, I say.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Please make it so!
it wouldn't hurt anybody and this might be the one thing preventing a friend from trying out the game-it just irks him that he can't use WASD movement like he's used to.
I've actually made an account just to say this one thing!

Last edited by Aberaham; 30/09/20 05:01 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
+1

A lot of times I wake up, using my mouse, my index and other fingers on my mouse hand are aching so bad, I can't figure out what it is, am I getting too old for games? But I'm only 29. I'm talking fingers aching so bad it's hard to double click because your fingers feel so heavy and sore, it's really bad. Then I remember I've been playing Divinity and that's the reason why, first game to ever do that to me. Letting us move with WASD would take a whole lot of strain off our mouse fingers so we can actually do other things without aching fingers after we get off of the game.

I'm typing this with aching fingers from the game as we speak.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've had that problem too. Moving with WASD is a good suggestion. In the meantime, you might also try a controller, if you like. That solved the finger strain problem for me. (The game's controller support is excellent.)

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by martan717
I'm sorry to hear that. I've had that problem too. Moving with WASD is a good suggestion. In the meantime, you might also try a controller, if you like. That solved the finger strain problem for me. (The game's controller support is excellent.)

Nice to know that others have been going through the very same thing with aching fingers from the game. Thanks for the controller recommendation and letting me know that DOS:2 does have good controller support, I've been on the fence about that because there's things like skills on your hotbars which might be a pain to go through with a controller so this is reassuring to hear.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Sorry for the necro, but for Google this thread is still relevant.
https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2definitiveedition/mods/460

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard